Field Study #5 + SOUND MAP + sketch

 

2: Date: Nov 12 Time: 5:05 PM
3: cloudy skies with a very cold wind, 7 mph wind speed headed W
4: 44° feels like 37°
5: length of day: 9:50
6: 5 senses: Sight; I saw a MAJOR change in color in the trees and most of them already fell :(, they fell in between visits. 

(there were so many leaves on the ground! I couldn't see the path!

I'm happy I got to at least see the leaves before they're covered in snow.  Smell; any smell I had was overtaken by the cold temperature and when I went in my nose was red (which hasn't happened in months).  Hearing; I did my sound map during this visit and the dogs that were near me were barking non stop. besides that I heard cars, squirrels running, leaves falling, and the wind chimes in my grandpas yard.    Feel; I felt very cold, but the leaves felt soft on my feet because of how many there were. 
Taste; I tasted some sassafras that was almost out of its season, probably the last week to eat it. 
7: changes from last visit: Today was very cold, I wish I had worn a coat instead of a hoodie but we got it done anyway. A good portion of the leaves were off of all of the trees except for the pine trees. I also did research on why pine tree leaves don't fall. They're called needles and they act the exact same as leaves but have a number of adaptations that help them survive harsh winter winter conditions; talk about fitting the unit! :)


I also sat down for about 3 minutes and did my sound map, and I wasn't kidding about the neighbor dogs. 

I also sat down and did a sketch of the outside of my grandpas garden-house he calls "the peter rabbit house". He built it by hand with the help of one of his former choir students. It is his favorite thing in his garden and has lots of plants in it, and always has music playing on the radio. 

Comments

  1. Great descriptions...love your work on the needles and seeing the connections! Good work on the sketches and sound map...sorry about the dogs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FIeld study visit #3

Field study #6 + ALL PHOTOS IN A ROW